I have been under the weather for the last couple of weeks – a bad head cold last week and a terrible stomach bug this week – so I decided to post something a little light-hearted to cheer us all up. So here you are, in no particular order:
10 Things the Irish Just Don’t Get About Americans
1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
2. The purpose of Bridal and Baby Showers
3. The audacity of Gift Registries (They don’t want to be told what to buy!)
4. What’s with saying “I love you” so much?
5. Frequency of formal studio portraits, especially for little kids
6. The concept of TIPPING
7. Thanksgiving as a holiday
8. Why, in a country of so many choices, is it so hard to find Digestive Biscuits for me cuppa tea?
9. What’s the rush?
10. Who actually voted for George W. Bush?
10 Things Americans Just Don’t Get About the Irish
1. Why 4 and 5 year-old kids still ride in strollers with pacifiers in their mouths
2. How such a devout Catholic nation doesn’t count using the Lord’s name in vain as swearing
3. Their inability to give a straight answer – always “maybe,” never “yes” or “no”
4. Why they only seem to take vacations to Spain, Disneyworld or New York City year after year
5. How they can live in the same town with several generations of family and yet not know them… family reunion, anyone?
6. Why newspapers (including the ads) don’t answer a single question you may have about a given topic
7. A nonexistent understanding of the term “customer service”
8. Why Budweiser and Coors are better sellers here than anything in the Guinness family
9. Can’t you move just a little bit faster?
10. The obsession with Robbie Williams